Saturday, April 24, 2010

Reasons Not to Drive...

Do us all a favor and don't drive if any of the following apply to you:

1) You've been consuming alcoholic beverages
2) You're upset or angry
3) You're tired
4) You're depressed
5) You're distracted
6) You don't have a license
7) Your license is suspended
8) You're ill
9) You're high
10) You have more people in the car than you have seats
11) You have no seats (Hey... I've seen it happen)
12) You have a flat tire (You know, thumpata thumpata thumpata)

I know, we all drive under some of these conditions at times. Sometimes you can't help it. But just be aware that the odds of crashing or otherwise talking to me are increased when your attention is on something other than your driving. Especially when you consider the other drivers around you are very likely driving under the very same circumstances.

Be careful. It's hell out there...

5 comments:

Sister Copinherhair said...

You're making me nervous just to go for a run on the sidewalk along the streets. ;)

HonkingAntelope said...

You forgot "13) All of the above!"

Unknown said...

That'd be nice. 80% of the people who now clog the roads would be at home instead.

Mac said...

Amen Bubba Amen..

alanmoore78 said...

In Texas, if there are more people in your car than there are seatbelt-equipped seats, it is legal for them to ride on floorboards where they are not impeding the driver's ability to operate the vehicle. I think this is crap. But there is no law prohibiting it. It's in the new child seat law requiring kids under 8 or shorter than 4'9" to be in a car seat or booster seat. It also mentions you can let your kids ride in the OPEN BED of a pickup if that pickup is your household's ONLY vehicle. If I'm missing something, let me know. I looked and looked and looked. Tell me there's a way to write someone up for that, because I'm seeing it more often and it scares me.