Sunday, October 28, 2007

We Interrupt This Sandwich...

It really torques me off when people interrupt my lunch to ask me stupid questions. I can be obviously enjoying my lunch and someone will think it appropriate to ask me to sign off a ticket, or go deal with the panhandler on the corner, or take their lost property report. It especially annoys me when I am at the sandwich shop less than a block away from the police station.

I have even had a few people say to me that I'm always on the clock and I need to deal with their problem now, my lunch be damned. If you've just been robbed, come see me. If your car was just stolen and you see it driving away, by all means come see me. But if you need a ticket signed off or some such irrelevant issue, have a bit of courtesy and let me finish my friggin' lunch first eh?

No comments: