Thursday, October 11, 2007

Yes, I really do watch COPS...

A cop, who watches COPS? Yup. I love COPS. It's just so much fun to watch these guys and gals doing everything they teach us NOT to do in the academy. I'm not sure what it is, but when you get a camera crew in a patrol car, the cops' brains get left in the parking lot.

My favorite was the episode where there were like four cops on top of one dude on a bed. The bad guy had one hand free right in front of his face. So what does a cop do? He puts his baton on the bed, right in front of bad guy's hand. Just try explaining that one in court. "So let me get this straight officer. You shot my client because he had a weapon..... that YOU gave him?"

Then there's the end of the chase in just about every episode. The car crashes and the foot chase is on. Cop runs with gun out, tackles bad guy with gun out, and handcuffs the bad guy, still with gun out.

You see cops standing between cars with the stopped driver, cops standing in the open with cover two feet away, three cops with Tasers out and none with a real gun, and possibly the best one, a P.I.T. at 70 miles per hour.

I watch COPS to remind me what NOT to to. I often yell at the television while I'm watching. Call me crazy.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Yeah, I know what you mean. I yell at the TV to. "What? What are you DOING?" "Who taught you that?!" In my academy they used episodes of "Cops" as training videos on what not to do. When I watch it, it's like a refresher.