Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Hit Me With a Club...

Okay, this one's for you non law enforcement people.

What would you say if I told you you could make a car thief walk right past your car without a second look? Now, what if I told you it could be done for less than $40? All you have to do is use a Club. That's right. The ugly orange bar that locks to your steering wheel.

I like to explain it this way. If you were a car thief, and you saw two identical cars, one with a Club and one without, which one would you want to steal? If the thief really wants your car specifically, say for the wheels or the stereo, the car will be gone. Club or no Club, a sophisticated thief will get your car. Fortunately, most car thieves are far from sophisticated. If they can't take your car with the shaved key or screwdriver in their pocket, they'll go on to the next easy target.

If you drive a high theft vehicle, such as a Toyota, Honda or Saturn, do yourself and your local coppers a favor. Get yourself a Club. Even if you drive a vehicle with a lower incidence of theft, a Club certainly can't hurt.

4 comments:

Front Porch Society said...

And learn to actually lock your doors!! People around here have too much of that Midwestern small town attitude of "nobody would ever dream of taking anything from my car!" Hate to tell ya, lady, but an unlocked car is like Christmas time for a thief!!

Officer "Smith" said...

Unlocked doors around here are a freebie for the bad guys. Fortunately, most people do lock their doors around here. If they don't, they're usually too embarrassed to call the cops when their laptop gets stolen.

5150Wife said...

OMG! The Club! I'd forgotten all about that. I used to have one when we lived in SoCal. I don't remember what happened to it. Do they still make those things? I haven't seen one in years. But, yep, they sure do work.

5150Wife said...

Mine was bright yellow,though. Not orange.

And,if I remember correctly, they come in different sizes, right? Some are bigger; I think meant for trucks. And it seems like you could get them in different thicknesses too, right? I remember I had the smaller, lighter weight one.