Saturday, February 2, 2008

Timbeeeeerrrrrrrr...

I spent two hours today blocking a road because a tree fell down.

The thought, I suppose, is that if I were to leave the tree unattended, some moron would come barreling down the street and run into it, thereby creating some financial responsibility on the part of the city. Or maybe that it might injure the tree, you never know this close to Berzerkeley.

Anyway, what have we come to when it becomes the responsibility of the police to ensure people notice a FREAKING TREE LAYING ACROSS THE ROAD?! Aren't we supposed to notice these things when we're driving? I always thought so.

Not once, not twice, but three times a vehicle drove around my patrol car... you know, the one sitting in the middle of the street with all the disco lights on top... and almost ran into the tree while I looked on disapprovingly.

I guess if they REALLY want to run into the tree, they're gonna do it whether I'm there or not.

3 comments:

Front Porch Society said...

I wish there was a law stating you could arrest people for just being plain stupid.

Officer "Smith" said...

Yeah, well, vote Officer "Smith" for president and we'll see about getting such a law passed...

Liz said...

I don't get it, do they think your car is there with it's blue lights on for no reason? Sheesh!