Tuesday, February 5, 2008

What a Combination...

I'm a Republican. I'm married to a Democrat. Interesting? Yes, but not unbearable.

She says she's a liberal, but I disagree. I think we're both moderate. I don't consider myself to be a true conservative either. We share similar views on many of the hot topics, and neither of us are absolutely aligned with our respective parties.

I think we fit more into the Libertarian vein myself, but there are no serious Libertarian presidential candidates, so I suppose we'll just have to vote for the lesser of two evils. Which one that may be is beyond me. There are no particularly appealing candidates for either of the big parties. All of the somewhat palatable candidates have dropped out.

I suppose we just have to pick up that shit sandwich and take a big ole bite. It ain't gonna be pretty, but we're just going to have to deal with the bad taste for the next four or eight years.

I hate politics.

4 comments:

TheBronze said...

Dude, you just described every election since Reagan!

It's always "lesser of two evils" or "which one sucks least?".

Front Porch Society said...

I am registered as an Independent. I look at all the candidates and then decide which one I think is best and represents the closest to what I believe & am passionate about.

TheBronze said...

I was registered Republican until they pissed me off this last time, now I'm a "non-partisan" as they say in Kalifornia.

Officer "Smith" said...

Well, apparently approximately 20% of Californians are "Decline to State"...

Perhaps I should reconsider my affiliation.