Sunday, April 20, 2008

Wardrobe Issues...

I went to Sears with the missus to get the boys some school clothes, since they have worn out nearly everything they got at the beginning of the school year. I was appalled by what I saw.

I have long been perturbed by the pre-faded clothing I see kids wearing. You know the type. How many folks have you seen walking down the street with large faded patches on the knees and asses of their jeans. It is obvious from the crisp, sharp edges that these clothes were purchased that way.

The latest thing that spun me out was the pre-wrinkled clothing. Now, not only can you buy your child clothing that is pre-faded and pre-torn, you can get it pre- wrinkled. Iron their clothing? Ha! Never again! Now you too can send your child off to school looking like their clothing has been worn continuously for years, even though it's brand new.

Save your kids the trouble of tearing the knees out of their pants. Tell them they no longer have to sleep in their clothes to have them fashionably wrinkled. No more sliding down the hill on their asses to fade their jeans. All has been done for them.

Now, with almost no effort, you too can dress your kids like clowns.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

And it's expensive as hell to look like a slob, too.

Front Porch Society said...

It is a sad clothing generation we live in. Sucks to go clothes shopping some days!

Anonymous said...

Just Horrible. Todays fashions
stink.

Berserk said...

While I agree with you, I am obligated to point out that yesterdays fashions also sucked.

Will Cuff said...

As a 20 year old "kid" I will agree that buying clothes pre-faded/wrinkled/torn is dumb. I have never seen the reasoning behind this because I would rather be out "playing" and doing the fading/wrinkling/tearing myself.

KLK said...

Darn, I wish this had been in fashion when I was in grade school...my torn, faded, wrinkly cloths would have made me the height of fashion!

Seriously, that's just stupid. If you're going to look like a slob, at least put enough effort in to ruin your OWN cloths, don't get someone else to do it for you.