Monday, July 21, 2008

Northern Exposure...

The other day I stopped a gal for speeding. I know, shocker eh?

When I walked up to the driver's window, I was greeted with a blouse neck hanging wide open and not a brassiere in sight. Not wanting to embarrass the young lady I didn't tell her she was exposed. The only way anyone could see anything would have been to stand right outside her window. I didn't stare. I'm married, and I'm not interested in "extra-marital" activity. Mrs. Smith doesn't worry.

I couldn't tell if the driver knew she was exposed or not.

When I got back to the window a few minutes later with the completed citation, her sweater was pulled tightly closed across her chest.

The thought that occurred to me following the stop was whether she had intentionally let herself "hang out" thinking I wouldn't give her a ticket,or if it was purely unintentional. If her intent was the former, she was disappointed. Not only did I cite her, I didn't give her exposure a second look. I just stared into her eyes as I spoke to her and explained the citation.

While I have heard of other officers experiencing this sort of thing, it was a first for me. If I was single perhaps it would have worked. But I have quite an obvious ring on my left hand.

Reminds me of an episode of speeders where the driver says "If I stripped down naked and tried to have sex with him, he'd probably still give me a ticket." Yup, I probably would. But it wouldn't be for speeding...

If it was intentional, nice try.

Now, you guessed it, press hard...

there are four copies.

14 comments:

Volunteer said...

Of course it was intentional! Kudos to you, Officer Smith, for not falling for it, for citing and not sighting again, and for ensuring you have a wife who doesn't have to worry. That's heroism.

Evil Transport Lady said...

I always wondered if women tried that. Geez......that's sick. Kudos to you!

Front Porch Society said...

Duh!!! As a woman, I can 100% guarantee you she did it on purpose!! And shame on her for even thinking sex could get her out of a ticket!
But I have to hand it to you for not even staring or taking advantage of that situation. I wish there were more men like you out there. Thank you for doing your job despite the (unnecessary) distractions.

Murphy's Law said...

I've seen it as well. It ranks right up there with crying or claiming a need to rush home due to feminine hygiene emergencies--nothing more than an effort to throw you off-base and a ploy to sacrifice her dignity just to get out of a ticket.

Stuff like that turns possible warnings into guaranteed tickets every time.

Berserk said...

I think most women are above that, but I've stopped one or two who I'm sure unbuttoned their shirts as they were pulling over. It didn't work for them, either. Don't mind the view, but I don't appreciate such obvious manipulation or what it says about their opinion of me.

Liz said...

I'd like to see someone try that with me... what a shock when they see a female officer coming to their window instead. Ha ha ha.

Officer "Smith" said...

Now THAT would be classic!!!

Murphy's Law said...

Hey Liz,

you mean like this scene from that movie we rented in Seward?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAQRPkQkwqk&feature=related

*Goddess* said...

Oh come on, I can't believe how cynical you guys are being. There are times when we see law enforcement officers, that our blouses just fall open through no fault of our own.

Murphy's Law said...

Hey Goddess, I'm not saying that it's a bad thing, especially if you've got something to be proud of. But there's a time and a place when that sort of thing is appreciated, and sadly a traffic stop just isn't one of them. Offer me a cookie on a traffic stop and I'll have to decline too, but offer me a cookie after work...I'm all about the cookies. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Um, yeah, she did it on purpose. Good for you for not paying any mind to it!

Jeff said...

Hey I'm not married. Can you organise a ride along for me and we can go book again........and again.

*Goddess* said...

But there's a time and a place when that sort of thing is appreciated,
List time and place, please...LOL;)
It does make me laugh, though, that some women think their boobs are soooo fabulous that one look will get them out of a ticket. Playboy ruined that for us;)

ccpdfsd said...

C'mon man, that's worth at least a warning!