Wednesday, September 24, 2008

You Don't Have Any Brains With You, Do You?

I stopped a car yesterday, and needed to interview the passenger about a recent incident. I asked the passenger to step out of the car, and I had him face my partner. I asked "You don't have any weapons on you, do you?"

He said "Yeah. I do." and promptly, and quite quickly I might add, removed a folding pocket knife from his pocket, which he pushed in my direction. Fortunately for him the knife was still closed.

Of course, he got twisted up and put into handcuffs for his minor operational error. He just could not understand why I was so torqued off at him. I explained to him no less than four times that it is a very bad idea to pull a knife out of your pocket when you're dealing with the police.

His response was "You asked if I had any weapons! I said yes! I don't deal with the police that often, so I didn't know that". I guess you don't watch much television either huh?

He was ultimately arrested for the crime for which I wanted to interview him. I didn't charge him with felony stupid though.

This guy suffered from a severe lack of common sense.

6 comments:

Front Porch Society said...

Oh. My. Gosh. What a way to try to get killed! *shaking my head at the man's stupidity* What are some people thinking these days...oh wait...that's right....too many drugs have fried too many brain cells.

Anonymous said...

Hahahahahahaha oh my!

id10t - I believe his name is under that definition.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's insanely stupid! Sometimes I wish stupidity WAS a crime! I know many people who should be locked up for it.

Reggie said...

Even dorkbutt me would know that. How do you keep from busting up laughing at these dummies? I haven't heard you say "press hard" in awhile, that's kindof like "here's your sign". You crack me up.

Ten 80 said...

Scary! I've begun trying to ask people, "Don't touch it, just tell me if you have any weapons," because they otherwise take the question as an invitation to pull it on you.

Berserk said...

Yeah, I've twisted up & dumped people for the same thing.

I like the "I don't deal with the cops that often" thing. As though that somehow makes grabbing a knife the normal response to your question.