Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Oh, the Horror...

I love it when suspects get all indignant when I threaten to use force on them to gain compliance.

Phrases such as "Damn man! You don't have to pull your Taser out on me!", or "Why y'all gotta have the dog?", or one of my favorites, "Y'all ain't gotta pull your guns out! Why you gonna' be like that?"

Because robbery, burglary, motor vehicle theft, or whatever you're doing, is a FELONY, that's why.

It's like they think lasering them with my Taser is excessive force in and of itself.

Where do these idiots learn this crap? Or do they do it just because they think it scares us?

I can tell you, it doesn't...

7 comments:

Unknown said...

It's the same mentality that allows them to think that they are the victim, instead of the people they are committing the crime against. The same one that makes them think the that what they are doing isn't that bad, cuz X, Y, or Z has happened to them and they are owed something

Berserk said...

I usually don't let them finish that sentence.

Anonymous said...

I blame it on too much television. Some t.v. cops are pansy's and when the criminal says that stuff the cop puts their gun away and they all go off happily to the car and to jail.

(oh i wanted to tell you, your blog is making me really interested in possibly becoming a police officer.) :)

Ten 80 said...

It's TV and professional victimhood as the other posters have mentioned.

A few are hoping you'll drop your guard so they can assault you or flee.

As I mentioned in my blog we are thankfully judged by the law not the armchair judges watching Cops and Judge Judy.

Murphy's Law said...

I like the ones that talk smack AFTER you get them in handcuffs, personally.

"Man, I coulda whupped your ass! Take these cuffs off and you'll see!"

Or my favorite: "Man, you slow!" from a punk that I'd just chased three blocks AND CAUGHT. Yeah, I'm slow, but I caught your ass while wearing 30 lbs of gear and boots and you had a head start!

If there's an audience around, they gotta puff and front even after they've lost. "street cred", ya know.

Front Porch Society said...

Taze away....taze away.....

Anonymous said...

I wanna a tazer.. Please please please.. just once!!! I promise to aim it at the bad guys (all the callers that were mean to me!!) and then shoot!!! Im making my list.. someone send me a tazer!!!
-Dispatcher