Saturday, December 31, 2011

Well, That's a First...

My partner and I (in uniform) recently walked into a local eatery for lunch, chose a table and sat down.

There were two guys sitting at the next table. They had been talking when we walked in but they stopped and sat in silence when we sat down at the table next to theirs.

After a few minutes of silence, they got up, picked up their food and moved to another table on the other side of the restaurant.

I had to sniff my pits to make sure I didn't stink...

8 comments:

JSmith said...

Would that constitute reasonable suspicion to stop and have a chat with them?

Jeff said...

What ignorance and what a couple of prats. (Of course I'm assuming the arm pits passed their initial examination). Their parents must be sooooo proud of the job they did raising those two. Perhaps being treated like a pariah was more to do with their conversation than you. It does make you wonder what they were talking about.
I for one would be proud to have you and your partner share my table let alone be seated nearby.
All the best and have a great and safe 2012.

TechnicalBuddha said...

Just wanted to stop by and wish you a happy new year and thank you for your service.

Be safe tonight !

Expatriate Owl said...

My Dad told me long ago that if you do not want the law enforcement personnel to hear what you are saying, then don't say it in public!

But than again, he always presumed that our telephone was bugged.

I have inherited those traits.

Jean said...

hahahahaha!!!

FlyTrap50 said...

I think people think we are going to run them for warrants while we eat. Dude...I just want to eat. I saw the look you gave me when I walked in, but I don't care.

...or, you could have had some serious BO.

regia said...

they were obviously talking about something illegal....i'm sure it was you guys lol

Aerinah said...

You would have been more uncomfortable if you'd sat down next to me: I would have ogled you both all through your meal. I love uniformed cops. ;)