Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Peek-a-boo...

Recently, several drivers have given me shit for not sitting in plain sight.

"You were hiding!"

"That's entrapment!"

"I couldn't see you, so how could you see me?"

What? You want me to sit out where you can see me so you can stop breaking the law before I catch you? Not likely. Sitting a bit off the beaten path is one of the primary tools I use in my business.

People say "hiding" like it's a bad thing. I prefer to think of it as "creative positioning". I'm not hiding from anybody, I'm just parking in a place that's not directly in front of them. Everyone else in the area can see me just fine. Funny thing how I can look over their shoulder and see them on that cell phone, and they never even notice I'm there until I ride up to their window.

As for entrapment, I do not entice people to do things they wouldn't normally do. They take care of that just fine on their own.

The bottom line is, I don't want to know how you're going to drive when there's a cop next to you. Everyone is on their best behavior then. I want to know how you're going to drive when you DON'T know there's a copper there.

So, don't blame me for your mistake. Don't try to turn the situation around to be my fault. YOU chose to drive without a seatbelt. YOU chose to drive too damned fast. YOU chose to hold your cell phone while you were driving. I just happened to be there to see it.

Grow up and learn to accept responsibility for your own actions instead of blaming me because you didn't see me until I caught you.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to participate in some "creative positioning"...

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Creative positioning, love it.
I guess it 's a match for their creative interpretation of the road rules.