Tuesday, October 22, 2013

On Civil Matters...


If you come to me asking me to take a report on something, and I tell you it is a civil matter and I will not be writing a report, it is not because I am lazy.  It is because what you are complaining about is a matter between you and the person you are complaining about.  No crimes have been committed, no criminal statutes have been violated, and it is therefore not a police matter.  Therefore, no crime report will be authored.

Your landlord - tenant dispute is not a crime.  Your car that you purchased as-is that now doesn't run is also not a crime.  Your boyfriend you allowed to move in and now you want him out does not rise to the level of a criminal violation.

It might be a crime to you, but it's not a crime to the State of California...

No comments: