Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Speaking of funerals....

I'm damned if the next funeral is going to be mine. When I leave home to go to work, I don't say goodbye. I say I'll see you tonight, or I'll see you later, and I fully intend to make good on that promise.

Every day, every second, I am focused on getting myself and my partners through the shift safely. I wouldn't say I am overly cautious, or that I don't take risks. I would say that I don't take overly unnecessary risks, and I don't act stupid. I do my job effectively and aggressively, but if I don't go home at the end of the shift, what good am I.

I give the job everything I have. I also put my all into surviving. If I am ever placed into a situation where someone is trying to kill me, God help that person. When someone is trying to kill you, you have a choice. You can just sit down and die, or you can fight. I will not just sit down and die. I am going to fight until it ends, either for me or for them. Preferably the latter.

Getting shot doesn't kill you. Giving up kills you. NEVER give up!

No comments: